Week 3 of the RetroChallenge is upon us now and, with it, a sense of urgency to seriously buckle down and crank out code!
As a result of diving far too deeply into the Applesoft shape table routines, in pursuit of the —> ultimate <--- player's car graphic, I failed to get to several of the tasks I had slated for completion in Week 2. So it comes as little surprise that those tasks have landed back on my list for this week:
- Write code to animate the (initially) hardcoded set of obstacles, as they scroll downward (implying that player’s car is driving “forward” on road)
- Write code to animate the (initially) hardcoded set of targets, as they scroll downward
- Generate shape table data for intended collisions (with targets)
- Generate shape table data for accidental collisions (with obstacles)
- Write collision detection code
- Write code to display appropriate collision graphics, dependent on type of collision
Fortunately, I had a bit of buffer deliberately built into my schedule, but I’m bound and determined to get these completed this week!
OK, enough said; back to work I go!