I am thoroughly enjoying this project, one week in, and am eager to get started on the next set of tasks!
So, without further ado, here’s my plan for what I intend to bust out during Week 2:
- Write code to keep player’s car within horizontal boundaries of the board (i.e., on the “road”)1
- Address long distance branching issues that surfaced at the tail end of last week
- Write code to animate a (for now) hardcoded set of obstacles, as they scroll downward (implying that player’s car is driving “forward” on road)
- Write code to animate a (temporarily) hardcoded set of targets, as they scroll downward
- Generate shape table data for intended collisions (with targets)
- Generate shape table data for accidental collisions (with obstacles)
- Write collision detection code
- Write code to display appropriate collision graphics, dependent on type of collision
OK, here we go!
- It IS tempting to allow the player to swerve all over the place but it rapidly litters the screen with annoying artifacts! ↩